Le Belgique is a fantastic luxury holiday apartment in Chamonix in the French Alps; the world wide home of alpinism! A distinctive and characterful building which is situated just steps from the centre of town. Chamonix is an amazing place…
- There is something for everyone; not just a skiers resort!
- Easy to get to; about an hour from Geneva airport, where many budget airlines fly. Even making a weekend break easily possible.
- Some of the world’s most challenging climbing.
- Easy access to the Italian and Swiss Alps.
- More bars and restaurants than anyone could ever sample!
- Home to awesome skiing (on and off piste).
- Steeped in alpine history; try out the trip up the Montenvers mountain railway to visit the Montenvers Hotel for tea and to view the Mer de Glace.
- Go high (3842m) on the ‘open all year’ Aiguille du Midi telecabine for an amazing view of the high mountains; including Mont Blanc! A brilliant trip, but don’t forget your jumper and sunglasses.
- All year walking. From a casual 30 minutes to a full day, or multi–day hike. Some routes are all down hill (thanks to the year-round lifts), some are very up hill! All is amongst some of the best alpine scenery in the world, on very accessible and easy to follow trails and set against an inspiring mountain back drop.
- Shopping! Yes, Chamonix attracts all the glamorous types (you’re sure to see them in their Gucci sunglasses sitting in the sun at a street café), and this means a jaw dropping array of (and many expensive, e.g. Chanel, Lacoste, Ogier, etc.) designer shops…
- Food and wine! Of course – it’s France – there are the most amazing chocolates, pastries and cakes, etc. Wandering through the pedestrianised centre of town you’ll continually capture the delicious smells from the many local specialities.
- And loads more… Paragliding (try a tandem ride, it’s ace), mountain biking (even just down hill ones thanks to the lift system), white water rafting, a golf course, an ice rink, a swimming pool with flume rides (lots of people sun bathe in the summer near the pool – it’s more like a Mediterranean beach!), picnic sites, canyoning, via-ferrata, children’s summer toboggan run, wildlife watching, karting, mini-golf, etc!
Chamonix is very special. There is something there for everyone all year round and all basking in the glory of western Europe’s highest summit, Mont-Blanc.